Thursday, March 13, 2008

Lost: one camera battery charger

Actually, it's in my bedroom. I'm 99% sure of that. Unfortunately, there are many places it could be in the bedroom... So I can't show you the fantastic knitting progress I made last week, or the jacket that I'm cutting out tonight.


But I can show you how beautiful it was skiing! And after three days home, I can turn my neck without pain. That was from falling asleep on the airplane ride home, but I still like to think of it as a little sports-related injury. Fortunately for me, the snow was very soft and slippery and every time I fell I managed to avoid serious injuries.

The jacket is a moderately swingy style, in a red and white fabric. I've been wanting to make this since last summer, and I'm afraid that jacket style is already on it's way out but I am determined to sew it up anyway! Pics following...as soon as I find that charger.

Some real, true pain: I was looking at the CSO's next season and found out when I searched for Bach suite number 6 in D minor....YO YO MA PLAYED IT TUESDAY NIGHT. While I was getting some major heartburn at Hema's Kitchen, my absolute top favorite Bach suite was being played by one of my favorite people to watch perform. Oh, the sadness of it. If anyone has Bach suite number 6 in D minor for cello being performed in their area, let me know and I'm on the road. Seriously. (click through to listen at amazon.com-- Casals was a master beyond compare)

6 comments:

Melissaria said...

Oh definitely with you on that - I've never heard Yo Yo Ma live, but it's definitely a 'must do before I die'. And yes, I think the cello suites would having me paying whatever it took! Same goes for the Elgar cello concerto - just off to add that to my wish list now...

breno said...

Lost my fair share of stuff too. But it is replaceable. So take care. You are not replaceable.

Anonymous said...

Nice pics!

rosanne said...

love love love Yo Yo Ma. I'm lucky enough to have actually played with him once in my lifetime on the stage at the Boston SO. True, I was with the high school chamber group as part of a field trip, but it was still amazing beyond compare. [sigh] And the Bach suite in D minor for cello is *amazing*; it's on the list to find in super-audio for my husband. Can't wait to see the pix of your swing coat!

Anonymous said...

I can feel your pain- Pavarotti came to New Orleans the same weekend our brother decided to get married. When I found out LP was coming, I almost feigned sickness to stay home...but DH said no! Sadly, he never came back anywhere near us again.

Reethi said...

C'mon Sarah - find the charger! (Grin.) I'm dying to see pics...