Right, that's three scarves in progress. And in my knitting bag at my sweetie's apartment, there is his blanket (progress in 9 months: 1.6 squares. good thing I'm not trying to make babies). So I'm knitting up a storm. But, the blanket is for my sweetie (but not a Christmas gift so no deadline) and one of the scarves isn't a gift for work people either. It's the Veteran's Administration scarf program run through the WW II museum in New Orleans, Louisiana. Special thanks to my big sister for hooking me up with the pattern.
I've done the easy part- garter stitch for five rows. Now I start the part where I have to count. We'll just see how it goes...I did indulge in some cashmerino. It's a double gift- soft on the veteran's necks and fun for me to work with!

4 comments:
Like how every year I'm making the women I work with aprons....
Well, I believe in Sarah!
I believe in Sarah, and if I don't get a scarf I will totally understand (ha ha ha). Maybe we can collaborate on the workpeeps?
Ah, the generational gift giving game! :) One year we made mint jelly (grand with lamb) for everyone. Another year it was jars of dried mint leaves for tea (something we drink a lot of ourselves). Another year strawberry jam. Another year pastured pork (surprise!). My sister gave everyone spices once and another time she went crazy and made fudge (yum). My mother knits and has done mittens for all - much appreciated. I think she knitted several hundred pair one year for the local schools for kids who forgot theirs. Making batch gifts makes it easier, especially with a big family. :)
Over on my post about building the brick doorway arches for the bedroom and bathroom of our tiny cottage you talked about living in the construction space as you grew up. We'll probably move in to the tiny cottage in about a month so that we can enjoy the warmth of the cottage. Our old farm house is very hard to heat where as the cottage is designed to keep itself warm, or at least above freezing, even in our cold winters.
In terms of the build-your-own-house-and-live-in-the-mess issue, our trick is that we're going to move back out of the cottage next spring so we once again won't be working where we are living. This also gives us the winter to relax and take time off from the building, plan what we'll be doing next and I'm going to enjoy working on my coral reef aquarium. :)
I've done Indian snacks one year. I wish I could knit - though I would probably be very, very slow at it, even if I could.
This year, I'm making something sewn. Maybe wristlets? Coasters? Placemats? I can do all of those quickly...
Post a Comment