Thursday, February 22, 2007

Finished projects

The scarf is done! The homespun from Lion Brand is very forgiving of my beginner's knitting- I've already started my next scarf in blue with the same yarn.

My practicing is with two goals in mind: making a sweater (someday) and also making a really cool knitted striped blanket. Further updates as warranted.

Because there are more finished projects!
Such as....


This really fun idea of burp clothes. My friends Keri & Marc had their first baby and I wanted to make them something useful but cute. Well, they definitely look homemade with love...uneven edges and all. Heehee. Turns out I can't really eyeball a straight line as well as I thought I could.

And for the final finished project of the night... The CareBears quilt. I cheated and bought the quilted fabric and just put an edging on it- but it was really fun to
make. I love the bright colors.

1 comment:

Suzeq22knits said...

Just found your blog through Soule Mama. Ironically I live in the NYC area but grew up in the Midwest--we went in opposite directions! Chicago is a great city, I'm jealous. From one rookie blogger to another--good luck and happy blogging!