
In other news, I attend my first Chicago American Sewing Guild neighborhood meeting on Friday. It was inspiring to see the work these talented sewers have put into the Glass Slipper Project dresses, and really fun to meet other people interested in garment sewing. In June the meeting will focus on unfinished projects and if nothing else I'll have the high-waisted skirt for a UFO. I just don't like the high waist so much and I'm glad I made a muslin instead of using the nice wool gab I was originally planning to use. A normal-waist skirt will fit the gabardine much better.

I was pretty excited about using one of the Amazing Fit patterns from Simplicity until I realized I took the instructions out to read and can't find them now. So I guess I'll go with a normal straight skirt pattern from McCalls for now.

2 comments:
I would say you're planting rose bushes. Good luck with them!
Working in the yard is hard work. But, the roses will be worth it!
Post a Comment