For an amazing story of love and family, check out this post.
We are back from Belize. After doing pap smears by flashlight and using my very broken Spanish to talk with patients for two weeks, being back in my own little clinic with my own stuff felt very good yesterday!
And look what I found in my carryon bag. Yeah, that passed the security screening in Belize City and in Houston. Then again they didn't even stop to look in my bag and I was also carrying three different sizes of 40 inch Addi circulars, and a rather large cable hook. I could have done some serious personal damage (Addi circulars would strangle someone rather well if I were so inclined)... Just fyi, the new security screening (yes, I call it "new", I remember flying without ever taking my shoes off) doesn't make me personally feel safer. Just more annoyed at the long lines.
But I'm home, so not nearly so annoyed- even the incessant drumming of our upstairs neighbor and the freakish yipping of the dogs downstairs isn't as bothersome as before. That'll wear off, but for now I'm just savoring being home.

4 comments:
Ooo...! Dangerous spy type woman, you are! :) My father regales me with the stories of all the little things that the airport security have confiscated from his pockets because he forgot to put them in his bags or leave them home. I haven't flown in decades. It all seems so surreal. Wouldn't it just be simpler to train the crew in martial arts? After all, anything is a weapon in the right, er, wrong hands. Hope, our five year old, is very into Lara Croft - she is going to be a spy archeologist. :)
Missed you!!! So glad you are home :)
So sweet of you to pop over to my blog to tell me you liked my engagement story. Thanks!
Pap smears by flashlight? I might have to try that at my next appt with my midwife. For some reason I don't think she'll go for it. lol! ("What do you mean turn off the lights???!!!")
Post a Comment