Wednesday, April 9, 2008

The Fantine affair

Sounds delicious, doesn't it? ...in which I learn why top-down sweaters are supposed to be tried on, what an accidental stitch can do to a design, and finish my first sweater!


Fantine is a little too small, and her sleeves and fronts don't really match.


But the back has great design elements!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

WooHoo! Congratulations on your first! (sweater that is. :-)

rosanne said...

Love your first sweater! Be proud and when a year goes by, you can look back fondly and track your progress... I love the pink, BTW...

Knitting it Out in an Urban Zoo said...

I agree! Good job and like my first sweater...perhaps this one is a pink angel meant only for learning skills and connecting with your friend ckg over red wine on a Saturday afternoon. :)

Knittynutter said...

good job, love the yarn,
Angie

Stephanie said...

I love it!

Nancy Winningham said...

How cute! If you want it to meet in the front, you could always put some ties on the front edge. It looks darling the way it is.