Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Recent projects completed

This is a picture of my mom's birthday present (yep, a few days late, but full of love!). The green/white/blue dishcloth was crocheted on the plane ride to Alaska in February. It's oddly shaped but very...textureful! The multicolored dishcloth was started waiting for the Yarn Harlot's Chicago appearance, and finished a few days later. I tried to do three lines of knit and three lines of knit/purl. This is the project where I realized I was more of a zen knitter- what will be, will be; become one with the yarn. :)

Incidentally, the dishclothes are positioned on my yogapant-clad legs. I was 2.6 miles yesterday and learned something very important. Pratt & Clark is not the ideal place to be walking in Chicago when the dusk is approaching. Sketchy, some might say, but I found the VERY strong police presence mildly comforting (and very disturbing, considering what that might mean...). Tonight- well, after a horrid horrid day at work, glasses of good heart-healthy red wine and antioxidant filled chocolate were quite necessary.

2 comments:

Elysha said...

You sound like a real knitter... I like you blog and would like to keep reading it.

my blog is:
http://biotherapy1984.blogspot.com/
So if you would like to reed mine your free to.

I don't have much yet. No pictures, but I intend to soon.

Anonymous said...

Umm. Oops, I didn't even thing to check your blog. Good reading! Keep up the good work on those knitting projects. I have a challenge for you coming up at our next 2nd Monday Knitters Meeting...