Thursday, January 18, 2007

Who knew to bring a project?

Tonight was my first upholstery class. I was one of four people there unaccompanied by footstools, chairs, and the like. It turns out that most of the people have taken the class before, so they knew to bring their current work-in-progress with them. Since I live too far away (in Chicago, not Evanston), I was allowed to go home with promises to start ripping apart my footstool but to take pictures so I'd remember how to put it together again.
I feel quite confident that the new footstool will also have Family Handiman and the latest issue of Domino on it, along with a few books for comfort. Now, I start! The freedom of not knowing where to start taking it apart is quite fun, because I think that means I can do whatever I like! This is my free-with-chair footstool from Craigslist (purchased over two years ago when I first moved to Chicago) so I'm not terribly upset if it doesn't look great when I'm done. But it will...because I will make it happen! I'm excited, can you tell?

No comments: